Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Two Down, Two to Go

Oh, my friends. I am happy to report that I have completed two of the four rounds of the AC chemotherapy. I am extra happy to report that round two was much better than round one, and while I am not certain that the next two times will go as well, I am very hopeful.

On chemo day last time, my ickiness hit me about seven at night and lasted several days. Don't get me wrong here -- it could have been much worse -- and I really felt like the anti-nausea drugs did their job well. Still, though, I was sick. But this time, I really didn´t have any tummy trouble. And my chemo headache went away after the first day. And my chemo brain was not so befuddled this time. The only thing that was the same is that I was tired. Way tired. Like sleep anywhere, anytime tired. And do you know how lucky I am? I was able to sleep and sleep and sleep some more.

Anthony took the boys to Boondocks after school on Friday to drive go-carts, and Mom took Christopher to Provo. Anthony entertained Nate until James & Mard took him to a 3-D moon movie and Chuck E. Cheese. Friends and neighbors and family brought food, so when I was awake, I was able to eat really good food before I went back to sleep. Oh, and when I got tired of sleeping, Anthony took me on a long drive to see the fall leaves. Not a terrible weekend.

After two more rounds of this AC, I switch to Taxol, and I will receive that chemo every week for 12 weeks. They say it's not as bad, but that I might have tingly fingers and toes. We'll see!

Oh, yes. My hair is gone. More on that event later. I'm not quite ready to talk about it yet.

5 comments:

Anne Marie said...

You are a total champ. I'm so glad that the first two rounds of the AC chemo are behind you. Glad that there are lots of people to love you and take care of you and your kids.

Alyson said...

Yay! Every milestone is good!

My Many Coloured Days said...

Oh I'm so glad you were able to sleep when that's all you could do. You are an inspiration... always saying it could be worse. Love ya.

Jennifer said...

So good that you have all those great people around to help. Wish I could be there :)

The NC Merrill's said...

You are beautiful, hair or not. As always, we are thinking of you and love you.