Monday, September 29, 2008

Messages

I am posting this post as a means of procrastinating the baldness post.

Got it? Okay.

I have received so many kind and encouraging e-mails, phone calls, visits, cards, and so forth. You know what? Those messages really do help. I feel stronger and loved. I am so touched to know that people are thinking about my family and I really believe that all our combined positive energy and prayers make a difference in my healing.

Most of the messages are just too personal to share, but I am going to share this one, from a very old friend, Alan. I hope he doesn't mind. I didn't ask permission. Sometimes I get a bit weary of all the sadness-scary-cancer stuff and appreciate a little humor. So here you go:

Since I have no idea what it's like to be chemo'd and don't have a good opinion on if I'd take it or leave it, I will hope and wish you the intestinal fortitude to persevere. I know it's bad (and bad ass) medicine. Can you at least get some Marinol or some of that Government Grown to alleviate some nausea, loss of appetite or melancholy attitude that goes along with being voluntarily poisoned? Now baldness, that I can relate to, having been that way several times. Have you had any surgery? Maybe you can get a new rack that will be perfect? Keep your chin up and think positive.

4 comments:

Leisha Mareth said...

Kristy...in the midst of the busy world continuing to whirl around me, I want you to know that I think about you. Often. More than you know.

I hope you know that my fear for you is low, not because cancer isn't scary, but because of anyone I know, you seem the most capable and able to tell it where to go.

I am following your journey with you, albeit thousands of miles away and I send up prayers and "positive energy" for you at least once a day if not more.

Stay strong.

The Lassen Family said...

Holy COw!!!! I had no idea--I saw your blog on Leisha's and thought it sounded interesting--I had NO IDEA that it would be you---I am soooo sorry. I am here for you if you need me!!
I loved being bald!! And not having to shave is fabulous!!
Live it up--I felt so "edgy" walking around bald! Just play the bad girl ticket :)

Alyson said...

Girlfriend:

No more procrastinating. If you don't want to post about the hair, then post about something else! Tummy aches! Dinners from friends! But we can't have this hair problem locking up your pen!

Kristy said...

Aly is right. The hair issue held me back! But I'm back. :)

Thanks for the encouragement.